Happy New Year. Hello 2015, I cannot wait to meet you!
As I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions or diets for that matter, I thought I would simply list my thoughts and sort of a wish list for this year.
1. I’ve missed blogging regularly, reading, commenting on blogs and spending time on Twitter. There’s never enough time but I’m determined to get back on track. I think it’s sad that the ‘trend’ (not my favourite word) tells us that less people read and comment on blogs and that it’s all about Instagram. Every Social Media has its purpose. Blogging, in my opinion, is so satisfying and enriching and a great post leaves me invigorated and inspired to no ends.
2. Every year (for the past 10 years) I’ve chosen a word for the year to keep me on track of my goals and aspirations. I’ve had ‘trust’ ‘purpose’, ‘focus’, ‘visibility’, ‘collaboration’ amongst them and my word for 2015 is: Gather. 2015, for me, is all about combining all my learning and experiences so far and gather many new ones. It’s about joining forces, staying authentic and uniting with more of my tribe.
3. My preferred way of eating has always been the Paleo way. It suits my body and I feel great on it. In 2014 I lost my ways a little. I contracted a frozen shoulder earlier in the year which is still giving me a lot of pain. No tennis, very little exercise, the creeping in of some sugar, wheat and dairy (intolerant to these) left me with ailments and niggles in my body.
I’m back and thanks to Whole30 there’s a whole community I can reach out to and help me stay on track. I love communities like these that share and support.
4. I’ve made the difficult and sad decision to retire both my Creative Process and Vive la Différence series. I’ve loved hosting both but feel they’ve run their course. I’d like to thank each and every guest blogger for their time and contribution. They do live on here on the blog and on Pinterest, here and here.
I’m plotting a new blog series, to be revealed soon.
6. I really REALLY want to sketch and draw more! I might have to do a course or join a movement. Whatever it takes I’ll give it a go.
I have many dreams and plans, but experience tells me to take it easy and walk before I can run. So for now, I just ease myself into the new year and do what I know works for me – to simply just do my best!
I cannot wait to read about your new aspirations and hopes. The blog will resume it’s normal schedule from Monday 12th January. Here’s to a creative and inspiring 2015.