Happy new year everyone! Wow! Here we are. 2012, an epic year for the uk, is firmly behind us and it’s time for a new start.
There will no doubts be more posts on beginnings and new year resolutions, but for today i simply wanted to check in, say hello and let you know that today is officially my 1st blogging anniversary. It was exactly 1 year ago that i sat down and decided to commit to this thing we call blogging. Most of you know i blog twice a week, every monday and thursday. This will continue throughout 2013.
I thought long and hard about what to do for my blogging anniversary. I wanted to thank everyone for all your encouragement, all the comments you left and the massive support i have felt throughout 2012.
Christmas is over and i’m sure many of you have received wonderful presents. For me, one of the best presents I buy for myself are books. In the spirit of new beginnings and life-long learning i thought it would be fun to give away books to one lucky reader. Here below you’ll find a selection of the books i bought in 2012. I made this the reading list!
These are the rules: One winner will receive 3 books of their choice. Please leave a comment and tell me which 3 books you would like. Don’t worry, i’m not going to send the winner my own copies. New books will be dispatched:) If you wish you can also say why you’ve chosen those 3 titles. The giveaway will stay open until sunday 13th 2013 at 6pm GMT. The winner will be chosen by random.org
Books from the top:
1. how to think more about sex – alain de botton (not shown in photograph)
2. how to find fulfilling work – roman krznaric
3. how to stay sane – philippa perry
4. how to thrive in the digital age – tom chatfield
5. how to change the world – john-paul flintoff
6. how to worry less about money – john amstrong
7. tout sweet – karen wheeler
8. the $100 startup – chris guillebeau
9. the start-up of you – reid hoffman and ben casnocha
10. the wonderbox – roman krznaric
11. imagine – jonah lehrer (will try to obtain paperback in early feb)
12. the burning house – foster huntington
13. one drawing a day – veronica lawlor
14. webs of influence – nathalie nahai
15. the fire starter sessions – danielle laporte
16. farm anatomy – julia rothman
17. the idea hunter – andy boynton, bill fischer
18. le road trip – vivian swift
19. junk genius – juliette goggin and stacy sirk
20. made by yourself – peter fehrentz (note, this is in german)
21. one – living as one and loving it – victoria alexander
22. mark hearld’s workbook
Right, i made you work a little for this as you’ve had to look up titles of the ones you don’t know:) anyway, i hope it was fun. All that remains is to wish you the very best of luck and a happy new year. May this year be filled with everything your hearts desire! Oh yes, and here’s to blogging!!!
Since this is a short week and many of us are easying ourselves back into work, I’ll keep this post up till monday!
We have a winner. Yay!
Congratulations to geraldine of littlebigbell. The books will be with you in a couple of weeks!