Hello! I’m signing off today for a couple of weeks as I think I deserve a little break:-) I’m also launching a new project in September, which I can’t wait to share with you nearer the time.
In other news, I’m celebrating reaching half a century next Wednesday. #tinasjubilee has finally arrived and yes, I’m emotionally ready. I was thinking how best to mark this milestone here on the blog and decided to list 50 lessons life has taught me so far.
1. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t screw up the present.
2. Life isn’t always fair, but it’s still damn good.
3. Despite what you might have heard, you can create your own life.
4. Having affairs is just not worth it.
5. To truly love someone you must first learn to love yourself.
6. Mindfulness is the key to so many doors.
7. Don’t compare your life to others. Strive to be unique and forge out your own path.
8. Chasing fame is unsatisfactory. Chase meaning and purpose.
9. What doesn’t kill you sure does make you stronger.
10. What goes up must come down.
11. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
12. You don’t have to always win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Religion is an easy way out. Create your own life manual.
14. Do what you love every day.
15. Compromise is underrated.
16. Patience is a true virtue.
17. It comes to those who work hard.
18. It’s good to talk.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time the time it deserves.
21. Forgive everyone everything.
22. It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.
23. Make your life as colourful as possible.
24. Live in the present. It’s the best place to be.
25. Mindless consumerism is just another addiction. Seek inner fulfillment instead.
26. Empathy is the lifeline to every relationship.
27. We are all just people.
28. Children get only one childhood. It’s the foundation for the rest of their lives.
29. Prevention is better than reaction.
30. Be gracious, be humble and remember your roots.
31. Be an eternal student.
32. It’s definitely quality over quantity.
33. It’s good to cry. Having a witness is even better.
34. ‘A life unexamined is a life not worth living’ is the best quote ever.
35. Life is short. Make it your priority.
36. Curiosity is the gateway to an exciting life.
37. Respect the elderly. They have a lot to teach us.
38. Beauty comes and goes. Invest in values and wisdom instead.
39. Go and find your tribe.
40. There was life before the internet. Seek it out.
41. Gather an emotional toolbox. It will come handy.
42. Give time, not money.
43. Wholesome food is a great healer.
44. Knowledge is power.
45. A woman comes into her own at 40.
46. Be ‘playful’ and ‘childish’ at any age.
47. The best is still to come. Make every year your best year yet.
48. Learn from mistakes. Repeating them is not wise.
49. Vulnerability shows strength.
50. ‘Love’ is the answer to life and it comes in many disguises.
We’ve had a gorgeous summer in London and I’m not yet ready to give it up. Hope you’re all having a fab time, wherever you are.